Friday, August 19, 2011

Relationships and Love : The Controversy of the Compromise - Part 2

Aight, it's been an interesting day since 10am. I received several questions about what the deal was with Part 1.
Am I talking about someone I know? Of course. But, then again, who do I really 'know'?
Am I talking about myself? Of course...and thousands of people that I've never met and never will meet.
What's going on? Everything and nothing at all. But I beg of thee to ask marvin gaye.
Why you hating on men like women don't do the same thing? You misunderstand...please re-read and analyze.
Damn, why are you making women seem so weak when you know we don't choose who we love? That's a bit preposterous. Did you actually READ the blog or did you pick up a copy of 'The Idiot's Guide to Understanding m.marie?'

With that said, I'll continue Part 2 as objectively as I possibly can. I'm well aware that you don't choose who you love. However, you do choose to try to force someone to fall or stay in love with you. I've seen it done several times and personally experienced it. I've spent hours listening to the fallout after the realization finally hit home that it WILL NOT happen. And I've attempted to help a broken heart piece itself back together. In no way am I attempting to say that women or men who try to hold onto someone they love are weak. I'm promoting the message of self-worth, happiness, and SELF LOVE for men AND women. Of course, I've been bitten by the love bug more than once but somehow I've built up an immunity to the venom of absurdity. I learned one of the greatest lessons of love at eighteen, it may have been fate or what was thought to be bad luck at the time...when it's time to move on you should do just that...on to da next one. Undoubtedly, it'll hurt. However, that's not a reason to compromise who you are, what you believe in, or what you deserve. Sometimes it's quite necessary to be selfish and put yourself first, especially to get through the pain. Like the saying goes, "you can't love somebody if you don't love yourself."


Damn, I'm sleepy so I'll conclude Part 2 and hope there won't be a necessity for Part 3. I haven't done it in a while so I'll add a little creativity until the next blog. Gotta hit the road for a wedding on Saturday...the beginning of marital bliss. Make of this what you will but not too much...it is part of a verse in one of my songs:

You say I have bad understanding,
so I overstand everything.
You say that I expect the world,
I guess I'm just demanding.
You say that I don't treat you right
that's why I sleep alone at night.
I say you got alot to say
you better get your mind right.
'Cause I'm the shit to me for me,
your words don't mean a thing to me.
I say I gotta do my thing.
So this, my friend is HERstory
~m.marie


1 comment:

  1. Let the church say amen!!! You have me all teary eyed MMarie. I think people misconstrue the message of women's (and men's) inner self worth A LOT. Mostly because the truth hurts and "let it go" is the last thing a lot of ladies and gents want to do. But when it is more hurt than joy. And when you keep looking to a man for something he clearly isn't willing to offer it is time to get real and GET A GRIP!!!

    Pay these fools with a reality check, M

    ReplyDelete