Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Precarious Politikin'

MY, MY, MY...the folks at Lipton, Tazo, Earl Grey, Yogi, Stash, and Traditional Medicinals are REALLY missing me right now. In the day and age where people sue for some of the most ASININE reasons (and win), I have to wonder if I can sue the feds for pain and suffering. Better yet a particular political party...hmmm. It just dawned on me. I am suffering from insomnia, paranoia, severe mental anguish, depression, and physical abuse from being beaten with the STUPID STICK! My cabinets are stocked with tea that I CANNOT drink anymore! It's still raining glass fragments from that "throw it up & smash it" thing. This is a direct contribution to my physical and mental health & wellness. I used to drink a MINIMUM of two cups of tea per day, seriously. Green tea, Black tea, White tea, Chamomile, Lavender, Jasmine, Echinacea, and a slew of others. Now I become so enraged and paralyzed with anger that I can't bring myself to open my pantry and cabinets that my brother SO wonderfully organized when he visited because I have so much damn tea.  Yes, he really did although he may deny it ;-)

So who's to blame? If you weren't hypnotized with the allure and excitement of Monday Night Football, you may have seen the so-called "spirited debate" last night. (*SIDE NOTE - huge props to Michael Vick! Sorry, we do NOT miss you Reggie Bush! WTF is up NFC??? Wake the hell up!) Back to business...tea party, Tea Party, TEA PARTY. Please people, I BEG of you, do not develop tunnel vision while watching ANY of the presidential debates, commercials, and campaigns that we'll be bombarded with in the coming months. I shall not impose my own political views on anyone. Neither will I go on a tirade regarding any of the issues. My goal is to promote individual panoramic comprehensive awareness. We are all concerned about major issues that cross party lines such as unemployment, education, healthcare, taxes, and debt to name a few. Know what your primary concerns are and evaluate which candidate is best aligned with your views and deserves your support.

The same old shenanigans were at it again last night. From this one debate and the reactions of the audience, I can see that PRECARIOUS POLITIKIN' will dominate the election once again.   

You would think that we all recognize the oldest trick in the book, which is, in my opinion, to focus on ONE major issue that will get people riled up and emotionally involved. Past examples include: READ MY LIPS - NO NEW TAXES, Same Sex Marriage, "Cloning" and Stem Cell Research, Abortion, and Disaster Response which is only the tip of the iceberg. A presidency is not dominated by one issue. So how can a presidential campaign be driven by one? Answer:  IT CANNOT. However, it was clear to anyone who watched last night's debate  that they'll be at it again. The last presidential campaign was nothing short of a school yard brawl and mud-slinging contest. Granted, it was historical and ground-breaking, but ugly nonetheless.  I have a feeling that this campaign will put the last one to shame. Simply examining Romney, Perry, and Bachmann was a wake up call that they are attempting to perform the old "wool over the eyes" trick. From bribery to human rights to health care to unjust laws - no one was safe. I actually believe that no one should feel safe at this point. However, focusing on one flaw or smudge on an opponent's record is not grounds to win a nomination and certainly not an election. Many great topics were addressed but it seemed that everyone's concern wasn't to demonstrate their attributes. They were more focused on the opponents' flaws.

I'm all about Women's rights, equality, and proactively being pro-choice. This is not a comprehensive representation of my views across the board. Therefore, I can't jump on the Bachmann Bandwagon simply because she dug into Perry about requiring young girls to get the HPV vaccine. She has to bring much more to the table, which I think she can. Romney seems to have it all figured out. Kudos to him. Perry is...uhm....well........how can I say it.....................supported by Bobby Jindal. Ponzi scheme...enough said.
Of course it wasn't just those three but they stood out the most to me.  

With that said, I'm gon' wrap it up and BEG again. People, hear my plea, do not become a victim of the Precarious Politikin' platform. Know your stance, pay attention to the candidates, and always make an informed decision. This is our lives. I just might be able to enjoy a relaxing cup of chamomile tea soon.

"A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies." - Nietzsche

"Until the great mass of the people shall be filled with the sense of responsibility for each other's welfare, social justice can never be attained." - Helen Keller

Cute huh?
It's still a damn snake in the grass...

No comments:

Post a Comment