Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Who is Me? Who is Marie? - Introduction Please!

I am me. I am Marie. These are two entities within me that cannot be defined but define me. Polar opposites is an accurate description. With views on opposite ends of the spectrum regarding many topics, I found myself fighting an inner battle and realized that I didn't have to choose. That's the beauty and complexity of being an intelligent and thinking woman.

Being from New Orleans, I'm accustomed to a wonderful culture. It's a melting pot filled with homemade gumbo that forces people to become addicted to my city. With the good, the bad, and the ugly in the back of so many minds, it's still my city. I accept it for what it is and realize there's no place like it. Saying that moving to Houston was a culture shock is definitely an understatement. It's not that I don't like Houston, I just love New Orleans and miss it with everything in me.

My views are as diverse as the world we live in and unified enough to fill the confines of my head. So to end the battle and win the war I'll blog. There isn't a set topic that I'll focus on. I'll just let it flow as the world changes daily and hope someone out there feels me. Whether it be politics, religion, entertainment, or anything else under the sun I will address it as it comes to me.

Now that I've introduced Me and Marie, I end with these words.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
- Oscar Wilde

m.marie




1 comment:

  1. "There is a dichotomy within me that forces me to challenge myself"

    Talk about quotable, that gave me chills. Many of us especially us, "unmitigated, urban intellectuals"...classically trained and street raised, have this inner conflict and battle in our hearts at all times. We cannot deny what we see as a result and I am so glad you decided to share it with the world.

    ReplyDelete